If you have landed this website then you must be looking for quick tips on how to lose weight and diet as well. I will highlight the important things in bold so that you can know.
First thing is first..
You have to question yourself or know how far you are going to diet/lose weight. Do you want to lose some pounds? Or perhaps you want to lose a lot of pounds?
This is important because when you are dieting you have to have a clear goal and intention to achieve it. It is also to keep your body healthy as well. For me I have learned the hard way and had to take surgery due to my diet. Of course, it is totally up to you on how you want to diet. I am just going to explain on how you can lose weight well without too much boggling knowledge.
Once you have decided how much you want to lose, next thing to know is that there are things to know about how weight loss works.
- You lose weight when you are burning more than you eat. This may sound obvious, but many people don’t take it into their lifestyle often, resulting different results. Some may do and each have different conditions of their body having slower/faster results.
- Never crash diet. Crash dieting means that you are not eating required amount of food per day just to lose more weight. Yes losing some more may sound cool, but it takes toll on your body. How you can prevent this is just to measure your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) and eat accordingly to it. I will explain what BMR is and how you can diet effectively from knowing it on different post.
- Count your calories of what you consume. Yes this one is tedious and I also tend to not count all the time. But it is very helpful if you try to count at least to see and keep track how many calories you have consumed per day so that you can keep good calorie deficit according to your BMR.
- Eat protein and fiber types of food. It means to eat more lean meat and veggies. If you hate veggies then try to add some spices as it will taste better. When I cook, I love to add different kinds of spices like pepper, tumeric, herbs, and other things. It taste much better than raw vegetable taste. If you are vegetarian, you can change meats into beans and tofu (they both have proteins in it). And what I mean by lean meat is, choose meat that has less fat in it. Chicken breasts and fish are the best choice to go if you like to go lean meats. Beef are fine. If you still want pork go less fatty meat.
- Make your meal plan. Instead of just cooking at that moment and deciding what to eat, you should plan your meal and cook beforehand. This is to prevent you straying away from your diet. Of course strict diet can be tough so again totally up to you what you want to eat. Just be consistent in your amount and go variety.
- Stop eating processed food/drinks. Anything that has refined sugar (white sugar or anything instant) or processed, you should stop eating them. You don’t have to completely cut out junk foods (I love junk foods too) but just eat them twice or three times a month, to keep your diet healthy. They will totally obstruct your goal and you might regret eating it.
- Lastly be diligent and do it until you reached your goal. Dieting and losing weight can be hard at times. I actually had many times (perhaps around 80% of the time) that I failed to start my diet. I just loved eating foods and a lot of them. I used to be very athletic and no matter how much i ate, I wouldn’t even get any single pound. But I am currently not exercising due to my personal reasons. Those junk, processed, starchy, and instant foods just can look delicious and irresistible. Always remind yourself and have positive mind when you are dieting.
Yes that’s about it folks! It’s this simple but yet hard to achieve when you are doing it. Just be careful that you don’t go overboard (like skipping meals or eating unbalanced meals). Before i go post on different things about dieting, one more thing you may be wondering.. can I still eat gluten based foods while dieting (gluten foods are like pasta, white breads, rice, etc.)?
Well yes sure you can. But if you want it more effective diet change those rich gluten based foods to more of fiber based. Eating refined foods like white bread and pasta can make you hungry later on more, while eating fiber type of foods can make you full longer. If I were to recommend what types of food you can eat if you still want bread, go whole wheat bread. It may taste not as good but they are fine as long as you control your amount. Pasta is same, go something that has whole wheat in it.
Now I am done. Thank you for taking your time reading this post. If you are interested in seeing other post, go ahead and take a look at them. I will be posting various things on how I diet personally, about BMR, and what to do and not to do things.
Good luck and always stay positive!