Welcome to this section about Rapid Weight Loss. This section is about how you can lose weight fast with having the right diet knowledge. I will be explaining a little more detailed than my other posts. If you want to check the more quick version then head on to this post.
There are couple things you need to know and I will be mentioning them over again. This time I will tell you the process on how you can do it as I have done for myself.
- Measure your BMR before you start your diet. This is important because you need to get clear information about your body’s current burning rate. As for those who know what BMR are then you are good to go and just need to know your calorie burning rate. For those who don’t know what BMR really is you can head over to this post.
- Eat less than you burn. What I mean by this is that, for you to lose weight healthy wise, I suggest going on a calorie deficit of 300-500. By doing this everyday you will lose 2100-3500 calories per week. If you did the 500 calories deficit, you will be losing half a kilo/ one pound per week. Don’t go over or below between 300-500.
- Count your calories you consumed. This can become tedious but please bare with it. This is important because you need to keep track on how much you ate per day to balance your deficit. Too little or too much can make difference and break your diet.
- Eat more protein and fiber foods. You should eat mostly foods composed of protein and fiber foods. Those would be like veggies such as broccoli, carrot, spinach, anything that has green leaves. For proteins if you are vegetarian go for tofu or beans. If you can take eggs that would be good. For meat choice, I recommend chicken breasts, fish (any kind), and lean meats like beef.
- Cut out the junk, instant, and processed foods/drink. If you want your diet to be effective then you should try cutting out or reducing a lot of junk foods and drinks. Those junks punch in calories and fatty components. Plus it is not good for your health.
- Eat slowly and don’t eat food while doing something. Why should you eat slowly? It is because it helps your brain know that food is being eaten as your brain will know that your stomach is filled with food after 20 minutes. And it helps with digestion. Why should you not eat while doing something? It’s because when you are eating while watching TV or something your focus goes into there. Your brain will be more focused onto what you are focused and therefore not really know that you are actually eating food. This will cause you to overeat.
- Drink some Green Tea or Oolong Tea. I recommend you drink these great teas. It helps a lot with your digestion and burning calories as it amplifies your metabolism. Both tea also helps with detoxification of your system. You should drink it after 30 minutes you ate a meal. It helps a lot with burning process more.
- Set your meal plan and cook before hand. What I mean by this is that you should cook meals before hand and store it into fridge because it helps you with your eating amount and you don’t really need to cook from scratch every time. By meal time you should schedule yourself on what you are going to eat and how much per day. This would help you count your calories as well and prevent you to eat more than usual.
- Lastly be diligent. I know this sounds either weird or self-explanatory but it’s tough when you start dieting. I love junk foods and love to eat a lot. It was tough for me and may be tough for you too. Always keep yourself in check on how much food you consume and calorie as well. A good application I recommend on the smartphone/tablet is MyFitnessPal. That app has helped me quite much since it shows you foods with calories.
Above image are my favorite diet fruits. I eat apple for morning and blueberries for dinner.
And that’s it! Just this much info and you need to apply it. Reading it may be easy but doing it is hard. Always remember why you are dieting and keep up with your routine. This works as well without exercising. I have lost 30 Kilos/ 66 Pounds without exercise and it took me roughly from 3-5 months. If you think you can lose a lot in just month, then you need to add in your diet with lots of cardio exercise to improve your rapid weight loss. But I believe just controlling with what you eat affects hugely in your diet. Exercising is good too as it helps with the burning process. Do what you feel the best for you!
Diet your pace and good luck!